The AMOLED optimized mode is a hidden application appearance mode that is exclusive to the Android version of Discord. When enabled, the entire interface becomes darker than the standard dark theme, along with a pure black background. This theme is useful for devices with AMOLED displays, as pure black pixels will turn off entirely, preserving the battery life of the device.
How to activate
- While using an Android device, go to the "Appearance" section of the user settings.
- Tap the "Dark mode" option ten times.
- Enable the toggle labeled "AMOLED optimized mode (experimental)"
- After the fifth tap on the "Dark mode" option, a counter that reads "You hear a rumble! Knock _ more times..." appears for each tap.
- Once the AMOLED option has been revealed, a tooltip that reads "Brave one, the path to darkness opens!" appears.
- Once the AMOLED option is selected on an unsupported device, a tooltip that reads "In the darkness evil lies alone. Not Supported." appears.